Lisa Attwood BA(hons) Registered MBACP
My interest in counselling came when I was working within the NHS, supporting adults that had or were detoxing from drug or alcohol dependency. At this time I started my counselling training in Client Centred counselling and then went on to study Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Whilst training and once I qualified as a Counsellor/Cognitive Behavioural therapist, I volunteered for a national charity providing specialist bereavement counselling for adults. During this time I also volunteered for an agency specialising in domestic violence and abuse counselling for adults.
Whilst working within both agencies I gained experience in Counselling and using CBT tools for a broad range of client issues. I now manage my private practice in Warwickshire from therapy rooms based in Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Coventry and Stratford.
I am a registered member of the BACP and I hold professional indemnity insurance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Foundation Degree in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Worcester University)
- BA Honours Degree in Counselling (Gloucester University)
- Awareness in Bereavement Care Training foundation course
- Awareness in Bereavement Care Training Level 2
- A child’s grief training
- Sudden & traumatic death
- Domestic violence & abuse training
- Safeguarding training